Can I do a masters in NA after my Bac in civil engineering

Discussion in 'Education' started by fastrunner, May 12, 2010.

1. fastrunner

fastrunner Civil Engineering Student

im a second year Civil engineering student. My big interest is boats and the ocean. My questions are: Is it worthwhile to change the direction of my study to naval architecture simply because of interest? Im an Australian, but from a dutch background. I was considering doing my masters in NA at TU delft in holland. Would this be a possible/smart decision for my career. what are the most likely jobs i would be doing as a NA. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thankyou

2. HReeve

HReeve Junior Member

It depends on the university.

When I was doing my NA Masters, there were two guys with Civil degrees in the program. They had to do some make up courses in basic NA, but otherwise, no problem.

3. zeroname

zeroname Naval Architect

well.. i have a prospectus of TU for the year 2010. there i found. if u wish to do msc in marine Technology , it will not be a problem being an civil engineer. You can apply too. And as HReeve said, you may also have to learn addition course in Basic NA. TU is one of the best uni in Eu. Fees are very high and chance of getting scholarship is also hard.. about 9000+ euro per year.. [if m not wrong]

You can request them via email to send you one prospectus ..there all the information are included.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.