Boat Designing Colleges

Discussion in 'Education' started by Curtiss, Dec 18, 2002.

1. Curtiss

Curtiss New Member

Hi im a senior in high school and im looking into boat desighing as a career the kind of boats that i would like to designh are yachts and fishing boats. The kind of place i would like to get in to is Palmer Johnson. And i was wondering what would the best colleges be to go to.

2. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

Depends whether you want to study by correspondence or on site - take a look at the courses offered by the various institutions listed in the directory on this site....

3. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

And also what types of boats you want to design (small boats, yachts, commercial ships) and what you see your ideal role & work situation being - what parts of the design process do you want to be strongest at and what do you enjoy focusing on, if you know yet.

http://directory.boatdesign.net/Technical_Resources/Schools/

4. Zanith

Zanith Junior Member

Hrm . . . . . . . . This could be interesting

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Hows it goin man , im a product design student at savannah college of art and design. We are nstarting a marine design minor in the fall of 2003.We will be designing boats and underwater crafts,and i just got an internship with palmer johnson of savannah. im interested in the same thing as you and i hope i helped you out. www.scad.edu

later, Rusty Allen
    tworude130 at aol.com
    email me with any questions

6. anil mishra

anil mishra New Member

Rrespected sir,
    i m a final year student of engineering in raj. india. sir in the submition of my project i know the basic concept but i donot know the right way so pl'z tell me.

PRO: to design a boat by using aluminium foil ,which can sustained maximum weight. in the designing of the boat pl'z consider the sea-worthiness, shape . the size of the foil is 25cm.*25cm..

so pl'z give me the best solution with specific dimens.
    thanking you,
    u'r sincerely
    anil mishraion

7. Stephen Ditmore

Stephen Ditmore Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.