B.Sc Thesis

Discussion in 'Education' started by b1ck0, Apr 16, 2010.

1. b1ck0

b1ck0 Senior Member

Hi,
    I have one year to decide what will be my B.Sc thesis. The main idea is that I want to do something really serious, but I have no specific problem to solve. I have programming skills, FEA analisys skills ( Ansys, Cosmos ), strong math skills ( numerical methods ). I am interested in Ship Theory, Structural Analysis. I am not afraid of tough problems so please give me an idea ... :)

Thanks ! :)

2. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

B.Sc in what field?

3. b1ck0

b1ck0 Senior Member

Naval Archtecture and Marine Engineering

4. pistnbroke

pistnbroke I try

your tutor should guide you.....he will have to mark it and if its something that interests him you are off to a good start...( well I always got my students to research something I was interested in !!!! )

5. b1ck0

b1ck0 Senior Member

Just give me some ideas from real life ... real specific problems that you solve every day ... :)

6. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

How about the structural requirements of cargo vessels not only to retain flotation but also internal stresses created by loading/unloading and stacking/storing cargo, or stress analysis of weapons platforms systems on hull structures? I am not involved in solving these problems, but they affect our lives.

7. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

A research which would be of interest to this community, too (since it was a theme of a recent discussion):
    A comparative study of hull drag data of hard-chines vs. soft-chines hull forms for fast displacement vessels, with experimental validation for at least two hulls having L/B ratios of practical interest (say, 3.5 and 6 - someone else will put his numbers).

8. conceptia

conceptia Naval Architect

that will be fun...

9. MBM

MBM Junior Member

" How about the structural requirements of cargo vessels not only to retain flotation but also internal stresses created by loading/unloading and stacking/storing cargo, or stress analysis of weapons platforms systems on hull structures? I am not involved in solving these problems, but they affect our lives. "
    If this field interests you , contact myself directly. Maybe you can do some research for my company as a thesis. As this is what we do everyday.