Added credentials

Discussion in 'Education' started by land based, Feb 23, 2009.

1. land based

land based Junior Member

:?:
    I have read about naval engineers, industrial designers, mechanical engineers etc. who have or want to become yacht designers. Do any of you know of architects ( AIA type, residential or commercial buildings ) who have become or added yacht design to their portfolio in the USA ? I am working on a project that needs this info. Thank You in advance !

Land Based

2. joz

joz Senior Member

I don't know of anyone in the US however there is a designer that designs both Houses and Boats in New Zealand the names Stuart Ried of SR Reid designs he designs small boats mainly radio control model yachts and dinghies and power and sail boats. He's an building architect by trade but got into yacht design as a hobby and now designs it professionally. I don't know if he still designs houses or not.

3. land based

land based Junior Member

joz,

Thank you for the reply. I will try to research who that might be, let me know if you find any further details.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.