Boat Design Forums  |  Boat Design Directory  |  Boat Design Gallery  |  Boat Design Book Store  |  Thanks to Our Site Sponsors
Old 04-15-2016, 05:59 AM

Rep: 10 Posts: 91
4 types of damaged compartment?

If a compartment is damaged,4 types of compartment may occur:
1)The damaged compartment are full of water.
2)The damaged compartment cannot be repaired. The breach is not sealed and therefore water continues flowing into and out of the compartment
3)There is an air cushion in the damaged compartment
4)The damaged compartment can be repaired, but cannot be fully drained; therefore, the effect of free water must be considered

Are the method of lost buoyancy and that of added weight suit for the 4 types?
And is it necessary to sort the damaged compartment according to flooding water?
Am I just spinning my wheels in this job?
Old 04-15-2016, 07:24 AM

Rep: 300 Posts: 3,946
xichyu, calculating stability after damage is quite complicated and I assure you, however much we try, you will not get to learn it, just with your questions and our responses in this forum .
I do not want to discourage you, quite the opposite, but you should use a book and a technician near you. Cheers.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:28 PM

Rep: 10 Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANSL View Post
xichyu, calculating stability after damage is quite complicated and I assure you, however much we try, you will not get to learn it, just with your questions and our responses in this forum .
I do not want to discourage you, quite the opposite, but you should use a book and a technician near you. Cheers.
Thanks all of you!
I will learn from all of you
I am curiousing that there is no resource about types of damaged compartments