kubota v1505 needed in oz

Discussion in 'Diesel Engines' started by tonysuncat, Jul 12, 2012.

1. tonysuncat

tonysuncat Junior Member

I have just left my cat for 18 months without starting it and found it to be seized ,so I removed the injectors and soaked in diesel and freed it.
    Replaced the oil and tried to start it ,making sure it got good clean diesel and a little aerostart but it only fired three times and wouldn;t start.
    I stuffed a rag into the air intake and found moisture and dumped the oil which had water in it.
    So now I feel sickin the stomach to think what problems I have caused and removed the engine and is sitting on my deck waiting for a mechanic to strip it down.
    I live on Magnetic Island so a marine diesel mechanic is impossible and to expensive because i dont want to throw good money after bad
    I was hoping to find a low hours engine to replace it but cant find any except Canada
    Seawasp quoted $5200 and the local Kubota dealership wants $550
    Short history of engine is Nanni 4,150 bought new and after 13 months and 200 hours it snapped its crank.Argued with Nanni Aus for 12 months then gave up
    Had diesel mechanic shop refit all the marine equipment resulting in the tube stack being over tightened and replaced so i am worried salt water has corroded the heat exchanger housing as it might npt have been flushed properly.
    I am waiting for my illtempered mechanic to get around to stripping it and wuold like to know my cheapest options and what to look for as experience has taught me the mechanic wony want to know about it if I break down at 6 months down the track. Why is a v1505 genset in china $2000 and the more common non governed motor is nowhere to be seen

2. slow fred

slow fred Junior Member

3. tonysuncat

tonysuncat Junior Member

v1505 kubota

no luck have tried every where on google search

4. slow fred

slow fred Junior Member

I have a good runner, 1100 hrs. for $1,200 on a pallet, FOB Kentucky, USA 42431

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.