workshop stringer problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by ilgazcan, Feb 3, 2010.

1. ilgazcan

ilgazcan Junior Member

I want to create a custom stringer path in workshop.Because the stringer that i want to create is not parallel to any waterline , buttock or diagonal etc.I cant describe it by grid spacing.

I have designed structure of the hull in rhino but now i want to develop hull plates in workshop.I have exported the stringer points as markers dxf. format from rhino to workshop without any problem.

The question is how can i create custom stringer via these point markers.I can also create stringer with "add stringer" command by hand sketching line.But it is not matching with my rhino structure model.It is not solving my problem.The stringer that i want to create must be match my rhino structure model.

Regards

2. alidesigner

alidesigner Senior Member

Try creating the stringer with the same number of points using add points, then go to the data window and replace the stringer point coordinates with the ones you have exported. You can copy paste from excel.

3. ilgazcan

ilgazcan Junior Member

thank you alidesigner ;

I have created stringer of the hull with that way.And also I have created my longitudinal seams with the same way for the calculating plates of the hull.But i cant create plate with 4 contours ( 2 frames and 2 stringer ).Because i created my frames with gird spacing and stringers with adding points.i think there is not any intersection between frames and stringer path ( for seams) and frames and stringer that i created is not lying at the same surface...

How can i create a custom seam on the hull surface.Differences are smaller than mm. between frames and stringer which i created.But that is a problem for workshop.How can i do ?

4. alidesigner

alidesigner Senior Member

Sounds strange. If you created the stringers in workshp and then just edited the point coordinates I cant think of why it isnt working. I assume you have done the usual checks. Check the stringers are set to the correct surface, stringer projection direction, set precision, calc all stringers, calc all frames.

I dont use Workshop to create individual plates. I develop the whole panel ie side plate, bottom plate etc, then export it with frame and stringer lines showing and then break it up into smaller plates (for nesting) in Autocad. That way I can offset the seam from the stringer without having to add extra stinger lines to the model.

If you have done all the usual checks you might need to submit it to Formation support.

5. formsys

formsys formsys

Yes you can draw any seam on the surface using a stringer and then use that as a boundary for the plate. As long as it crosses the section contours, then it will form a plate. Email our support if you need more help.

6. ilgazcan

ilgazcan Junior Member

Thank you every body.

Shortly

I have imported hull model from rhino to the maxsurf and ı have generated stringers in workshop then I have changed the positions of points of the stringers from data menu.I have tried to create a plate via these stringers and frames.Some plates were created with that way but some plates weren't.I did not understand.I have also tried to do that different precisions.

May be alidesigner's method will be easy.

7. formsys

formsys formsys

Would need to see the model to comment further. Send it to our support email.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.