who can help me please

Discussion in 'Software' started by manuel, Feb 24, 2005.

1. manuel

manuel New Member

Hello!
    Can somebody tell me what kind of software i can use to realize something like this:
    -i build doors for ship.Are different kind off doors on the ship.So...i whant a software to make this doors, to have the possibility to change the different component of this door (like i have a library and call different componet with different dimension)and in the final ,the program have to modify the design and to ajust de design to be good for construction with the new dimension.I whant to see the design (render)and to have the posibility to extract the component for cutting with cnc machine (laser cnc).
    It is a lot of request but maibe it's somebody to help me.
    Sorry for my bad english and tks!

2. eckmuhl

eckmuhl Junior Member

You have to use a software which can do parametrics drawings. So there is: SolidWorks; SolidEdge, ProEngineer, Catia, Autocad Mechanical Dekstop. Pro Eng & Catia should be to much efficient (&2much expansive as well) for the simple things you wanna do, the 3 others must be a better choice.
    Good Luck

3. CGN

CGN Senior Member

Alibre can be a good alternative also, Alibre and visualmill bundle can probably do the work, with this option you will have a mechanical software where you can model your doors and a CAM application for CNC

4. manuel

manuel New Member

tks for your reply.The problem is what program can use,and have, a library with the components for doors.I don't what to do this components by my self.Its something like TRIBON.I receive a list in Excell with the component of the door,and with this list i whant to build the door quickly and to see the imagine.I don't now if it is something like that
    thank you very much!

5. manuel

manuel New Member

6. CGN

CGN Senior Member

Manuel, Solidworks and Pro/I and Alibre do exactly the same, you model the door, and you can create a BOM from the model you are producing, it also gives you 2D drawings of the model all inside the same software.

I mentioned Alibre and VisualMill because they are cost effective they have a good price and allows you to have the mechanical software and the CAM software, but if is an investment for your company you can have a look at Solidworks and SolidCam or Pro/E, this ones and many others, do what you are looking for.

Have a look a sketch that i did on Alibre for a steel door, is working on progress and i just put it together to show you what a mechanical software in general can do.

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.