TurboCAD

Discussion in 'Software' started by elcapitan, Jan 2, 2006.

1. elcapitan

elcapitan Junior Member

My mom got me turboCAD for christmas. Im 14 and i like to desing offshore fishing boats. im highly skilled in autoCAD but turboCAD is like starting from scratch. anyone familier with the software of can help me out in using this software??
    alex

2. LP

LP Flying Boatman

Creating a hull with TC is a bit of a pain.

I'd suggest downloading FREE!ship or some other free hull design software to model the hull and save it in a DXF file to import into TC. Then you can redraw the lines as "bezier" curves to use in the lofting process.

Unfortunating, the hardest part to model in a boat hull is also the first part that gets modeled.

Goodluck.

3. Jack D Davis

Jack D Davis Junior Member

I use TurboCAD v11 Pro. Since I don't have any experience with other CAD software, I can't compare TC with them. IMSI has a book "TurboCAD 3D training guide ver. 11" that has been very beneficial to me and solved all of my problems regarding boat hull design. While it doesn't specifically address boat design problems, it does give enough information to make it easier to figure out. I don't find it a pain to use now, but certainly did prior to getting the book. I guess "pain" is a relative term and since I can't compare TC to other CAD software, I guess I don't feel the pain.

My website has a couple of examples of my designs in TurboCAD v.11 Pro.

http://www.hmds.ws