"Trimming the Stern Flap Equation"

Discussion in 'Software' started by CmbtntDzgnr, Mar 13, 2012.

1. CmbtntDzgnr

CmbtntDzgnr Senior Member

Hi,

In The Naval Architect, Jan 2012 issue, there is on page 50 a paper about trim tabs and stern wedges and about prediction methods.

I use Freeship/Hydronship 3.30 and I am always forgetting to re-visit on my model the effects on trim and entrance angles and resistance the effects of various shapes.

Has anyone played around with it? I know that if I drop my rudder down by 1 meter, the hydros worsen by around 20,000 kN, from ~ 78,000 kN to ~ 95,000 kN.

In the paper, HydroComp is mentioned has having conducted some analysis of aspect ratio multipliers.

2. CWTeebs

CWTeebs AnomalyGenerator

What kind of information are you looking for? We've added trim tab functionality implemented as an appendage in POWERSEA, our proprietary planing hull time domain simulator.

EDIT:
    Oh, HydroComp, we're friends with them. Can you link to the paper you're referring to?

3. CmbtntDzgnr

CmbtntDzgnr Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.