Thick as Rhino hide

Discussion in 'Software' started by catsketcher, Apr 4, 2006.

1. catsketcher

catsketcher Senior Member

Darn darn and darn again,

I can't seem to get Rhino to do what I want very easily. I am little bit like the person in the art gallery who says "I don't know much but I know what I like."

I am spending too much time mucking around with Rhino and learning the wrong way. Are there any boat related tutorials out there I can view and have a go at. I am a little like a guy learning mechanics by taking bits off a car one at a time. I have done Autocad for years but the trim function and others don't work so well in Rhino. I need to get going so some good tuts would help.

I know others design the whole boat in Rhino so I should be able to import a nice hull from Freeship and do the deck and interior from there. I hope.

cheers

Phil

2. Raggi_Thor

Raggi_Thor Nav.arch/Designer/Builder

1 person likes this.
  3. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

I don't have any Rhino tutorials for you, sorry... but I can assure you that an IGES file out of Freeship imports very well into Rhino. I do this all the time now; sketch in Freeship (the real-time hydrostatics updates are nice!) and back-and-forth with Michelet, then IGES it to Rhino for finishing. The hull itself is quite possible to do in Rhino, but can be tricky.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.