Solidworks2000 design methods

Discussion in 'Software' started by Brandon, Jun 15, 2003.

1. AndyRed3D

AndyRed3D Junior Member

If you go to Tools > Mass Properties I think you can calculate the surface area of an object (in an assembly). If you need to have plate thickness to calculate the weight, then you could "Thicken" the iges surface you import from Rhino.

Or if the hull surface is defined as the outside of the hull (not the inside of the plate) then you could create the hull surfaces as a closed solid body (knit surfaces first) and then do "Shell" to hollow it out to the correct plate thickness. You could then create the frames or whatever from the inside surface.

2. seaarkmarine

seaarkmarine Junior Member

Thanks Andy,

I will stick with it (SW). But my technical support lacks interest. The guy who originally trained us, left the company shortly thereafter. I will look at that site you recommend (www.djaweb.com.uk).

Maybe sometime you can let me take a look at some of your work?

Thanks again for the positive note, Westley

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.