Sharing Kayak Designs?

Discussion in 'Software' started by arduk, Oct 10, 2005.

1. arduk

arduk New Member

I have just started playing around with Hullform and bearboat, and am slowly learning my way around them, with a view to desiging and building my own sea kayak for touring.

I was wondering if there was anyone who has used either of these programs to design a kayak that they have actually built. I would be very interested in looking at the design, and then the finished product that resulted from the design. This would give me a lot better feel for what a finished design should include.

Is there anyone out there who has designed and built a kayak, who would be willing to share their design, and some pics of the finished product? Any comments on how it handles, and design changes that you would make, or things you liked/disliked about the design would also be appreciated.

Looking forward to hearing from you all...

2. Martijn_vE

Martijn_vE Marine software developer

3. Hans Friedel

Hans Friedel Senior Member

No :)

There are a lot of different kayak types out there. From skinny ICF racers to tough white water kayaks.

Best way to learn more about designing kayaks are to build and analyse them.

This is a never-ending process and you learn stuff from every boat you build.

I have some different types in my gallery have a look

Hans

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.