SC advice needed

Discussion in 'Software' started by workboat, Jul 23, 2007.

1. workboat

workboat Junior Member

Hello all,
    I have recently started working with shipconstructor 2006 and was hoping to get a little help regarding brackets.

I'm working on a 100' tug and I will have vertical angle iron stiffeners on some of my bulkheads and brackets attached to the stiffener tops and bottoms. SC has a standard part feature which is nice but in many cases the brackets that I need to create are not standard and will need to take the shape of the hull.

So i'm trying to figure out the best way to create these custom brackets. Do I need to create a new planar group for each bracket:confused: or is there some other way to go about creating multiple custom brackets?

Thanks in advance.

2. workboat

workboat Junior Member

Well I thought there would be some shipconstructor guys on these forums.:(

3. jmurf

jmurf Junior Member

Each Brkt is made from a Pline to form a solid. They can be made in one Plane Grp and copied to as many as you want. Change shape or location as desired.

4. workboat

workboat Junior Member

Thanks for your response jmurf. Another question, if you will sir.

When marking group intersections, do you use solids or moldline, or something else?

Thank again. :)

5. jmurf

jmurf Junior Member

Sc

Workboat
    The moldline is usually the side to etch/mark.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.