RhinOffsets trouble

Discussion in 'Software' started by Willallison, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

I recently downloaded the demo of RhinOffsets. Having managed to get the toobar on to the screen - no mean effort for a computer ***** like myself! :D I now find that when I click on one of the three toolbar buttons I get an error message that says something along the line of "type mismatch, VBScript Runtime error" etc etc
    Cliff from Baseline Tech. sent me a new script to replace the ones I had, but still no luck.
    I am running Rhino 3.0 on Windows XP
    Has anyone else had the same dramas - or put it another way....HELP!!

2. Willallison

:confused: :confused: :?: :?: :?:

3. cestes

cestes Junior Member

Hi Will:

Sorry you're still not up n running. Try this:
    1. uninstall RhinOffsets
    2. Do a search for RhinOff*.* and delete anything you find.
    3. Install RhinOffsets
    4. Find where the script file RhinOffsets3.rvb is located and replace it with the one I sent you.

Anyone else having this problem, please let me know. It turns out that a bad script was supplied with the demo. It really does work. Honest. :)

4. Willallison

LOL :D
    Thanks Cliff - certainly didn't want to give the impression there's something wrong with the program - in fact it was this lot that recomended it to me..... :p
    I'll give this a whirl....

5. cestes

cestes Junior Member

Hi Will:

I think I have the fix to the problem. If you click the first button and get the error message "Type Mismatch: 'CreateWlsButts'", the script I sent you is probably in the wrong folder. Move it to C:\Rhinoceros 3.0\System and the buttons should work. Sorry for the difficulty. Would you mind letting me know whether this works or not. Thanx.