Rhino + what?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Willallison, Sep 1, 2003.

1. Cian Groves

Cian Groves Junior Member

Rhino primarily is a free form 3d modeler. So if you need to model something in 3d be it a hull, super structure, interior of a vessel, piping etc it is prefect. It will also make 2d drawings of these 3d model so you can do the detailing. In v4 (still in development) they are bringing some mcad & 2d detailing options into the program, things like history, linetypes, better printing capability.

For me I do my modelling in Rhino, then make 2d drawings and take it across to AutoCad for detailing. I also have Rhinomarine for assisting in stability reports, Expander for developing double compounding plate & Flamingo for rendering (there are a couple of other WIP render plugins that look very impressive - maxwell & brazil, vray to come later this year). A big bonus is that marine software companies see the potential of Rhino and are developing plugins of their programs that will work within rhino.

Rhino for me is excellent, it has a great user interface & a price that is very reasonable.
    Best bet to see if it will do what you want is download the evaluation version.

Cheers,
    Cian

2. archnav.de

archnav.de Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.