Rhino tutorials

Discussion in 'Software' started by Patrik K, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Patrik K

Patrik K New Member

I would like to start to use Rhino, but found it difficult to find any free tutorials for beginners.
    Do you know any websides or other sources of information that may be helpfull?
    Best regards

2. JEM

JEM Senior Member

The Rhino tutorials that are included in the software package are pretty intuitive. Have you done work in AutoCAD before? I found Rhino to be like a natural progression from AutoCAD.

One thing about the Rhino tutorials: you must do them in sequence. Each leasson builds on the previous.

3. SailDesign

SailDesign Old Phart! Stay upwind..

Matt, the natural progression from ACAD to Rhino may be because Rhino was originally written as an AutoCAD plug-in. It was clunky, and I don't think AutoDesk were behind it, so Bob pulled it out and gave it it's own legs. Thank Heavens!
    Steve

4. Moose Island Design

Moose Island Design Yacht Designer

Patrik,
    Besides the three tutorials available with the free Rhino download, you will find many tutorials available at the website www.rhino3d.com. Just go to Support, Tutorials. There is a whole section on "Tutorials by Users" which you should find helpful.
    Michael Chudy

5. Raggi_Thor

Raggi_Thor Nav.arch/Designer/Builder

6. JEM

JEM Senior Member

Nice bit of trivia! I did not know that.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.