rendering sftwrs

Discussion in 'Software' started by fede, Jun 9, 2005.

1. ludesign

ludesign Senior Member

Cinema4D is pretty good, though my favorite is Artlantis. It does not have any modeling abilities, so you still need a modeling program. I of course use TouchCAD, which provides direct export to Artlantis, but most programs work. Artlantis is certainly not free, but it costs less than C4D and a lot less than 3D Max. It is extremely easy to use, provides advanced and high quality real-time radiosity previews, and it is pretty quick. Works on both Windows and Macs.
    http://www.artlantis.com/

2. Windvang

Windvang Yacht Designer

I am using Flamingo NXT WIP with Rhino. Easy to use for non render experts and no conversion problems. Maybe not for the ultimate photo realistic renderings, but close enough for most work.

3. ABoatGuy

ABoatGuy Member

Mat,

Stephen Davis (www.stephenldavis.com) who does a lot of 2D plans and profiles for builders in the states uses Photoshop. He is very good at it and very, very quick.

4. Samia

Samia Junior Member

SimLab Composer from SimLab Soft is a good renderer, it is fast, accurate and easy to use, please click here to see SimLab Composer in action

In addition to rendering it generates 3D PDF files, the professional license is sold for $149, SimLab Composer is supported on Windows and Mac.

SimLab Composer supports many standard file formats including (3DM from Rhino, STEP, SolidWorks, FBX, and OBJ)

[​IMG]

This model was design and rendered by Mark Brown using SimLab Composer

[​IMG]

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.