Rendering in MaxSurf????????

Discussion in 'Software' started by Soeren R, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Soeren R

Soeren R Guest

Hi, has anybody in this forum ever had problems with the rendering functions in MaxSurf. For some reason it just stopped working and now I can't render smooth!! I have tried to reinstall the program 10 times or so, but nothing seems to work. I'm desperate!!! Please help
    Regards
    Soeren

2. dougfrolich

dougfrolich Senior Member

Soeren,

I have had the same problem. I also run SolidWorks and Rhino and do not have a problem with them so I am confident it is a Maxsurf issue although I have not had any luck getting help from them. Good luck to fixing the problem.
    Andrew are you out there?

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Maxsurf rendering problem

The best place to direct problems regarding Maxsurf is to Formation's support address support@formsys.com. By sending all the relevant info you should receive an answer fairly quickly from one of their developers.

4. Andrew Mason

Andrew Mason Senior Member

Hi Soeren

This sort of problem is usually a problem with video card drivers, we have had various problems with some older video cards such as Matrox as well as some versions of the drivers for Radeon cards. If you have downloaded the most recent drivers for your card and you are still having problems, please contact me via support@formsys.com, preferably giving details of your Maxsurf version number, video card model and driver version number.

regards

5. dougfrolich

dougfrolich Senior Member

I did not mean to ruffle any feathers. I as I have stated many times before I am very happy with Maxsurf,Hydromax,and Span. They are invaluable tools, I can not recomend the sofware highly enough!!

6. Morgig

Morgig Junior Member

We have also had some problems, but effects Maxsurf and Rhino. In our case it has seemed to be a Open GL problem with the graphics cards, which either need replacing or the drivers upgrade.

7. Andrew Mason

Andrew Mason Senior Member

Doug

No feathers ruffled, we pride ourselves on the reliabilty of our software and the quality of support we provide, if there are any problems we like to hear about them and get them sorted out as quickly as possible.

regards

Andrew

8. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

Stu Hearn

JUST maybe this is the place to start
    I am a yachtbuilder with 27 years hand on experience mainly in Alloy hulls
    I am writing a book, on the subject of aluminium yahtbuilding, how to loft longways, how, to build machines for stretching, forming plates and much more
    BUT I can't even get to grips with the simplest of CAD TASKS, like putting in co ords wth rhino
    I had a couple of men , working for me who are now out on their own, and the things they learnt quickly to do with Maxsurf is mindboggling When a builder has this tool, it changes everything, when just the designer has it, it can lead to stuff ups of monumental proportions For example a designer may not allow for a deck to overlap a topside plate when developing cut files, things that are obvious to a builder
    Can anybody help me get started on cad in exchange for a lifetimes experience on how to do the practical side of yachtbuilding, or just to HELP
    oh is it possible to post pics here of yachts in the building?

9. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

Most certainly - many of us would love looking at any and all you post. Either start a new thread in the forum or post them in the gallery: http://www.boatdesign.net/gallery/ (same username/password as the forum)

10. This is almost deffinatelly an Open GL problem and may well be solved by changing some of the advanced custom settings for your graphics card. If it was working your card must support Open GL and possibly reset some configuration settings.
    The only check options on my system are "Use unified black/depth buffer" and "Enable conformant open GL texture clamp behavior", don't know what either does but maxsurf renders properly.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.