Quick shape transformations

Discussion in 'Software' started by Alexanov, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Alexanov

Alexanov Senior Member

2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

It would be interesting to have more information on how transformations are performed. For example, is it possible to change the position of the center of buoyancy and the program setting hull forms to get it?

3. Alexanov

Alexanov Senior Member

4. SukiSolo

SukiSolo Senior Member

I suspect you can do this kind of thing in Think 3 as well. Maybe Rhino if you set up the surfaces correctly, and possibly Maxsurf. Referring to 'pulling' surfaces around tangentally at the edges ie keeping tangent at one or more edges.

5. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Alexanov, now I understand, but that's the same thing can be done with any modeling program. I do not want to bother but I thought you wanted to show us something new.

6. Alexanov

Alexanov Senior Member

Very often I work with lines which are ready for production. Sometimes it is necessary to do some little changes and keep surface faired at same time. This transformation is not destroying fairness of my surface. Quite quickly I can make several versions of the hull for CFD testing, and finally, get right variant with surface ready for production.

7. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

I fully understand your explanations but honestly, Alexanov, I wonder why your method is different from other methods, its differences and advantages.

8. Alexanov

Alexanov Senior Member

:) All methods are little bit differert.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.