Boat Design Forums  |  Boat Design Directory  |  Boat Design Gallery  |  Boat Design Book Store  |  Thanks to Our Site Sponsors
Old 11-28-2016, 09:23 AM

Rep: 10 Posts: 1
prolines V7 design help

Good morning,

I'm a student studying marine engineering and I'm learning to use Prolines V7 which might be an outdated design software for many.
I've learnt the basics of how to use it but I'm still trying to figure out how to add a keel to an existing hull. I need it to be a full keel extending aft from from the stempost. Since I'm adding the keel, does that mean I have to design it using another software? If so, how do I do it and import it into Prolines as a DXF file?
I've attached a basic hull design, as well as a picture of the values I need to put in when I want to add the keel.
If someone knows how to use Prolines, please help.
Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
prolines V7 design help-basicboathull.jpg  prolines V7 design help-addkeel.jpg  
Old 12-20-2016, 06:36 AM

Rep: 10 Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by maritimecadet View Post
I've attached a basic hull design, as well as a picture of the values I need to put in when I want to add the keel.
Sorry, I've never used Prolines myself, but maybe I can lend you a hand. What happens when you input values into those keel location boxes ? Maybe it will generate another mesh that you can then tweak manually ?