planning, costing and project management

Discussion in 'Software' started by Blackriver, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Blackriver

Blackriver New Member

To set up a gannt chart with a costing and cash flow attachment one needs a comprehensive task list of all the stages taken to put a boat on the water, from the design and development stage to the final hand over of the keys. Is there a data-base of this info, maybe in a spread sheet format.
    Regards
    Nigel

2. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

In stock form? I doubt it, since this will be different for every single design. In the case of custom designs or prototypes it's only a guess anyway, since there's always changes being made as work is done.

3. Blackriver

Blackriver New Member

Yes, there are many design variations but all designs need ribs, frame hoops stringers etc and all would start of with a lofting sequence after the hull design is approved.
    I am looking for more of a universal comprehensive check list, from which one can tick off the necessary procedure that would suit the individual builder who can then fill in his own estimated times and costs.
    Tall order, I would not think so, as the process of planning in boatbuilding has been done for centuries, so would assume that there is some software out there now that would fulfill this.
    Any ideas?