New software jSDN

Discussion in 'Software' started by Humberto, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Humberto

Humberto Junior Member

I have implemented this into the next release (hopefully released in one or two days).

Humberto

2. Humberto

Humberto Junior Member

I have just updated the web page with a new revision (jSDN 1.0b). It just solves minor problems, mostly related to bugs in the Windows versions:

- paths are now treated correctly (windows)
    - window layout seems better for resolutions upto 1024x768 (all)
    - solves minor permissions problems in Vista (windows)
    - better appearance of LPP calculations (all)
    - saves 2D configuration between sessions (all)
    - default 2D configuration set to wireframe (all)

I hope jSDN will work better now. Please keep posting any other bugs.

Humberto Martinez

3. rattus

rattus Señor Member

Hello Humberto, I am running jSDN on my MacBook Pro, and it loads sample designs well.

One question: do you have any documentation available for the tool? Some actions are intuitive, but other ones baffle me!

Thanks,

Mike

4. DuncanG

DuncanG Junior Member

The 3D view still opens shaded although that's not so much a problem now that the windows version works.

How do you save the operational sets? I guess they defined per project.

I can't find a way to delete design elements, for example to reduce the YD40 design from 39 elements to 3 elements so it can be saved in the 'free' version.

A limitation to 3 elements I think makes the free version rather useless. How much are the other 2 versions?

5. Humberto

Humberto Junior Member

Currently, I have no documentation ready. But I am preparing a document with a brief overview of the system and a tutorial. I hope to have it ready in about two weeks.

Humberto

6. Humberto

Humberto Junior Member

Do you think changing the way it behaves is really needed? Or maybe you mean storing the layout after quitting (one or three views)?

They are defined per project, and they are stored in the .sdn file

Deleting is easy (although maybe not that intuitive): click on the element name (from the design tree), and then select cut, either in the edit menu or the cut button (scissors).

I intended to limit it to 3 NURBS, but I counted all elements. I am thinking setting it to 5 NURBS. Which is enough to model a simple sailing vessel (hull, keel, rudder, mainsail and foresail).

Regarding pricing, the LITE will be 500 Eur and the PRO will be 1000 Eur.

Humberto

7. rattus

rattus Señor Member

Humberto, as you consider the number of NURBS surfaces to support, please take multihulls into consideration!

Mike

8. bjarthur

bjarthur Junior Member

anyone heard from humberto lately? just wondering if jSDN is still under development. seems like a really nice package. the last version was released july 2008, there seems to be no way to purchase the pro version, and no one is answering the e-mail there...

9. Humberto

Humberto Junior Member

Dear bjarthur,

jSDN is still under development, and a new version is almost ready. I always answer emails, but I am aware that my mailer is filtering many messages sent to info@ingeniatecno.com (which is shown on the web page). I am creating a new account (jsdn at ingeniatecno.com), which you may use.

Regards,
    Humberto Martinez

10. Humberto

Humberto Junior Member

Dear all,

As I mentioned in my previous post, a new version of jSDN (v1.1c) is available. It solves some bugs and presents a cleaner interface. After taking into consideration some user request (from this forum and private emails), the FREE version no longer introduces any limitation in the number of surfaces saved. And there is no LITE option, it has been integrated with the PRO, but with the LITE price (500 Eur ex VAT). In addition to this, you can request a 15 days DEMO, which is a fully functional PRO license which reverts to FREE after the period has expired.

You may check http://www.jsdn.es

Should you have any question, does not hesitate to contact me: humberto at ingeniatecno dot com

Regards,
    Humberto Martínez

11. rattus

rattus Señor Member

Hi Humberto - is there any documentation available for the new (or any) version?

Although some parts are intuitive, others baffle me!

Thanks,

Mike

12. bjarthur

bjarthur Junior Member

doesn't work for me on OS X

the last version (1.0b) worked just fine, but the new one doesn't (1.1c). it just hangs with the spinning color wheel as soon as the GUI pops up and i click on any menu item. last thing it says on the splash screen is "load default design". i deleted the old folder and the installed the new one. any ideas? OSX 10.5.6, PPC G5, java 12.2.

13. Humberto

Humberto Junior Member

I am finishing the first version of the manual with a tutorial. In one-two weeks I will publish it on the web page.

Humberto

14. Humberto

Humberto Junior Member

I have tried it on both a OSX Intel core duo (10.5.6) and a PPC G4 (10.4.11), and it works well. I need a little more information. Can you send me or post the log file (jsdn_designer.log) which is located in the jSDN installation directory?

Humberto

15. tohid padashi

tohid padashi New Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.