Need an advice

Discussion in 'Software' started by b1ck0, Jul 22, 2010.

1. b1ck0

b1ck0 Senior Member

Hello, since I began to make more complex projects and use more specific software about that I found a few "problems". Let me explain you:
    1. I design the hull of my ships in Maxsurf Academic.
    2. After that I want to make a CFD analysis of my model. To do the analysis I import the NURBS surface in Gambit and mesh it for FLUENT.
    3. Then I want to make a strenght analysis by using Ansys. But so far I have only the NURBS surface from Maxsurf and the hydrodynamic forces from FLUENT.
    To make a complete strenght analysis I need the exact ship model ( probably made by ShipConstructor or Tribon ) but I am not sure if I can even import it in Ansys.
    4. And finally I want to make complete ship theory calculations ( seakeeping, statics, dynamics etc ... ) and need software for that too ...

The main difficult is that some of the software that I intend to use isn't "integrated" good enoght with each other. I want your expert oppinion how can I achieve a full analysis of a ship or some floating structure, and how to make it right, I mean right software that will give me the "best" results ...

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.