Boat Design Forums  |  Boat Design Directory  |  Boat Design Gallery  |  Boat Design Book Store  |  Thanks to Our Site Sponsors
Old 04-21-2017, 09:08 AM

Rep: 10 Posts: 1
Mooring line tension error in AQWA ANSYS

Hello. I have been using AQWA to find the motions of an internal turret fpso. I am using Worbench. I am testing two cases with 500m and 1000m water depth ,different mooring system for each. When I run the analysis of HTR (hydrodynamic time response) with irregular wave, the solve aborted with the error message as in the screenshot attached below. The error says: CCOMDB: ERROR OCCURS WHEN CREATING COMPOSITE CABLE DATABASE FOR LINE#1
and !CCOMIL - COMP D/B - MAXIMUM TENSION TOO SMALL I.E. < 1.1*MINIMUM TENSION

Mooring line tension error in AQWA ANSYS-error-msg.png

That happened in both the 500 m and 1000 m cases.
I tried changing the configuration of the mooring system in order to get higher pretension but the error still occurs. The mooring design and the configuration are attached below. Have you ever encountered this before? I wanna know what I'm doing wrong.[ATTACH]500mMooringLine[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1000mMooringline[/ATTACH][ATTACH]configuration[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Mooring line tension error in AQWA ANSYS-500m-mooring-line.png  Mooring line tension error in AQWA ANSYS-1000-m-mooring-line.png  Mooring line tension error in AQWA ANSYS-mooring-line-config.png