Boat Design Forums  |  Boat Design Directory  |  Boat Design Gallery  |  Boat Design Book Store  |  Thanks to Our Site Sponsors
Old 04-06-2017, 11:54 PM

Rep: 10 Posts: 28
module problem

SCT-12215-5 module problem

this program is scantling program made by ICOMIA.

when i start this program, error occur like "application's launch was blocked by another program."

How can I fix it...?

T_T.. help me..

ps . I installed this program on 5 computers in my office, buy only one computer has no problem to work properly...

Last edited by Boat Design Net Moderator : 04-07-2017 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Thread title changed in response to post #3
Old 04-07-2017, 03:24 AM

Rep: 300 Posts: 3,939
Sorry Hunterr, your problem is with ICOMIA program, not with SCT. I'm right?
Old 04-07-2017, 02:28 PM

Hunterr, my friend, the first line "SCT-12215-5 module problem" clearly indicates that SCT is having problems. Frankly, I do not think it's fair. If you do not mind, please change it. I do not have to be harmed by mistakes that are not mine.
Old 04-09-2017, 12:02 PM

Rep: 25 Posts: 64
It is possible, that your antivirus is blocking it. Add it to the exceptions list there.
Old 04-09-2017, 12:31 PM

Starting with Windows 7, Windows self security prevents some programs that are considered as "malicious" from saving files on the hard disk. This is ridiculous because many "non-malicious" programs are prevented from working correctly but any hacker is able to introduce a dangerous virus into your computer without Windows knowing it.
The attached file shows how to avoid this problem. The pictures are in Spanish, not the texts, but I think they can be understood perfectly.
I hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Folders Deprotection.pdf (885.1 KB, 26 views)
Old 04-10-2017, 09:20 PM

Rep: 10 Posts: 28
exactly right!!
your program is excelent and I used often now.
but ICOMIA program can show the picture so i need it

Old 04-11-2017, 03:18 AM

That's right, SCT does not automatically incorporate images into your project. And that, why?. Because the normal procedure is that the user, before starting the calculations, prepare a scantlings drawing, that must be incorporated in the general project of the boat. This drawing is created with any drawing program available to the user. It should include several things:
- main dimensions of the boat.
- areas where the hull is divided for scantlings reasons.
- main frame, transversal bow section and aft section, with their longitudinal reinforcements.
- at least, one generic watertight bulkhead.
- longitudinal profile with position of the frames and frame spacing.
- main deck with its reinforced.
- any other detail that defines the structure.
- each specific detail of this drawing must incorporate the measurements that will serve as input data in SCT calculations.
Once the calculations have been made, they must be incorporated into the scantlings drawing. The outputs of SCT are nothing more than the justification of what has been indicated in the drawing.
That drawing must be, along with the calculations of SCT, in the project of the ship, as is demanded by the regulatory organisms (see any CS Regulations). Any other picture could be very decorative but, technically, is not necessary.