Modeling floating buoy with Ansys Aqwa 14.5

Discussion in 'Software' started by pedrin84, Jul 1, 2014.

1. pedrin84

pedrin84 Junior Member

I‘m working with a buoy floating, Regular waves are generated in a wave tank of dimensions 6m x 0,48 m x 1 m in a water depth of 0,5 m. Waves interactions are calculated with the following body dimensions: height of cylindrical section 0,15 m; hemispherical base radius R=0,15m. The initial position of buoy in the tank is 3 m x 0,24 m x 0,35. The floating buoy will move only in vertical direction (1 dof). How can I get it?. I need vertical force (Hydrodynamic force ) with 1 dof

2. xavic

xavic New Member

You need to run diffraction analysis of the buoy first. Them in time domain analysis you include fenderes to stop the buoy lateral motions and rotations. Once it is moving only in heave you can get its results.

3. pedrin84

pedrin84 Junior Member

Thank you very much xavic!!

4. pedrin84

pedrin84 Junior Member

Hi xavic. I have included fenderes in the buoy and I have tried several times but it is moving in 6 dof yet. I don‘t know how set the fenderes. Can you give me some tips o if you have any tutorial?. Thank you!!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.