Maxsurf Windage area

Discussion in 'Software' started by elias, Mar 22, 2015.

1. elias

elias New Member

Hi,
    I am a fresh graduate in NA. I was trying to use Maxsurf for the first time.

I performed the Limiting KG analysis. I defined the windage area as shown below. After running the analysis for different wind velocities, and different coefficients, I realize that only "leg" is considered for calculating wind force. Changing the coefficients for "Windage" and "LQ" did not have any effect on my final allowable KG.

How may I make all the above areas effective at the same time?

Attached Files:

2. Don92

Don92 Principal Naval Architect

Hi elias, I believe if you want to consider all windage surfaces simultaneously you have to define these surfaces under the same group. This is also the case for underwater surfaces. In your case you should define all windage surfaces within the "windage group" and remove the others.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.