Maxsurf structure

Discussion in 'Software' started by ltd93, Apr 29, 2016.

1. ltd93

ltd93 Junior Member

hello everyone!
    I using Maxsurf structure modul to design a fishing ship's structure. I have problems when try to add strigers on the starboard ( which below the neutral (offset axis )). if I tick the symmetrical in Maxsurf modeler modul, it will offset the stringers through neutral axis. But i want to have different structure between starboard and port.
    Pleas, help me to solve problems. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

I'm sure MaxSurf allows you to define whether a reinforcement is symmetrical or it is not. Search the online help of the application.

3. formsys

formsys formsys

That's right. By default if the underlying surface is symmetrical then the stringer will be symmetrical. However there is a check box in the Stringer Properties dialog box which allows you to turn off the symmetrical setting. Not however that you will need a asymmetrical surface in Maxsurf Modeler on which you can draw your asymmetrical stringers.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.