Maxsurf Q (AutoCad -to-Maxsurf)

Discussion in 'Software' started by cmcguinness, Dec 1, 2004.

1. cmcguinness

cmcguinness Junior Member

Dear All & Andrew,

Aint having any luck in trying to convert my lines-plan of a fishing vessel into Maxsurf etc. Previously got advice (See below, & Andrew if your out there, cheers) before but I cant seen to achieve it. Basically I keep getting the following error, " the file does not appear to be in valid DXF format". My Plan-lines are in AutoCAD2002, and Maxsurf file , just dont see it? I know i'm missing out a very simple step here, but I cant see it . Any advice, or Maxsurf for Dummy's guide?

Regards

cmcguinness

"Go to Fule->Import and choose either DXF background (in which case the 3D polylines will show as a 3D wireframe), or DXF Markers, in which case they will display as 3D marker (i.e. offset) points.

Marker points can be used for automated fitting using the Fit Surface to Markers command, however this option is enabled only if you have purchased the Prefit module."

2. Andrew Mason

Andrew Mason Senior Member

Make sure your file is made up of polylines, not splines or other data types. If you continue to have problems, email the file to support@formsys.com with a description of the problem.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.