maxsurf modeling

Discussion in 'Software' started by udyacht, Sep 28, 2010.

1. udyacht

udyacht Junior Member

hellow guys , i am work a 60ft motor yacht project ,it take our much time to calculate the CG. and CB .so i want to know if there any software easy to get the center of gravity of my yacht.
    thank you very much

2. pavel915

pavel915 Senior Member

I am confused why the name of the thread is "Maxsurf modeling"
    Did you mean CG= center of gravity and CB=center of buoyancy?
    Maxsurf and other softwares like freeship, delftship,Rhino+Orca3d.......... etc can calculate CB .
    For weight and center of gravity calculation(CG) i think no magic tool exists. You have to go for manual calculation in excel,,, or Rhino marine/ Orca3d can help you a bit. In Rhino marine/Orca3d you can assign density for every surfaces and you can see the total weigh and CG of you boat. But as a boat consists many structural items, I think to model every structural items there and calculating the total boats weight/CG will not be convenient. Rather you can just take the weight and CG of some parts like shell plates,deck plates, superstructure plates etc from rhino and do the complete calculation in excel and I think it will be a better approach.

3. udyacht

udyacht Junior Member

yea right, i need to know d CG for calculate .thanks for your replly
    ,do you have a msn ?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.