Maxsurf: lenght of curves

Discussion in 'Software' started by Red at Night, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Red at Night

Red at Night Junior Member

Just how do I determine the length of a curve, such as the sheer,in Maxsurf please? Such a simple thing that I must be overlooking it.
    Thanks and enjoy the bay, Red at Night.

2. Andrew Mason

Andrew Mason Senior Member

You can calculate the length of sections using the Girth function in the Data menu, but for things such as sheerlines you will need to export a DXF to AutoCAD or similar and calculate there.

3. arees

arees Previous Member

i tried to use also the girth but still, not working also, here in saudi we are using maxsurf rel.9.01, there is no bending moments how can i present my plans if there is nno bending moment presentation, in your maxsurf catalogue, or in the manual there is a bending moment graphs but in the maxsurf software icon, NONE. please clarify

4. Andrew Mason

Andrew Mason Senior Member

Maxsurf is primarly a hull modeller with some upright hydrostatics built in. Hydromax is its accompanying stability and strength package.

Hydromax has a full longitudinal strength analysis with bending moment and shear force curves

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.