Maxsurf - how to make hull follow the markers

Discussion in 'Software' started by sahandso, Jan 9, 2017.

1. sahandso

sahandso New Member

hello everybody, i m a new user of maxsurf, and I find some diffeculties to model my ship, so please tell me how to make hull follow the markers thanks.:):):confused::confused::confused:

2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Creating an exact model with Maxsurf is not easy. Most people who use this program create the model with Rhino and export it in .igs format to Maxsurf.
    Ask Rabah, a leading member of this forum, who has extensive experience in both programs.

3. sahandso

sahandso New Member

I used rhino but i have some problem in defining thickness, etc.

4. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

To work with Maxsurf it is not necessary to define the thicknesses, enough with the surfaces that define the hull.

5. sahandso

sahandso New Member

Are there any books or sites that help me to analyze ship by Maxsurf step by step?

6. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

The Maxsurf's User's Manual has a lot of useful information for the designer. This is, imo, the firts book you should read. On YouTube you can also find videos about it.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.