Maxsurf-Convergence error

Discussion in 'Software' started by NITHIN BABU, Jun 21, 2016.

1. NITHIN BABU

NITHIN BABU Junior Member

hello everyone!
    i am using max surf stability enterprise. while running stability for pontoon condition it shows error and shows these comment "stability was unable to converge to the desired precision".
    Please, help me to solve problems. Thanks!

2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

3. NITHIN BABU

where can i attach project file?

4. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

If you press "Go Advanced" then you get the option to upload files : "Manage Attachments"

Attached Files:

5. NITHIN BABU

Please see the attached file.
    thankyou

Attached Files:

6. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Checks the data in the "Frame of Reference". Currently the model has the aft perpendicular at the forward end of the boat, coinciding with the forward perpendicular.
    Also check that the baseline is on the bottom of the boat. Then you can place the perpendicular at the ends of the boat or at the ends of the water line (the latter is more usual).

Attached Files:

7. Rabah

Rabah Senior Member

Hi NITHIN BABU,
    There can be my help was late and is not so actual, but I hope that all the same will be useful to remaining readers of the forum.
    You have error in the model. In MaxSurf Modeler the surfaces it is necessary to draw only for one side, PS /or SB/. Then it is necessary to make all surfaces symmetrical.
    The following step is to correct Frame of Reference and Design Grid. But first of all it will be necessary to think for this purpose how much the DWL is.
    A little bit it is necessary to argue:
    The view of model is displayed what it is likely a nonselfpropelled barge. She can have the most different applicability. For example: for transportation a liquid load / petroleum, water and other/, for transportation a vehicles or a timber cargo on the deck as barge - platform.
    Let we shall accept what it is a non-propelled steel tank barge - section from the sectional structure intended for pushing on the river.
    The main sizes of model:
    LOA = 54,889m; B = 15,24m; H = 3,076m
    Under statistical data for such sections we receive a light displacement 250t /draft = 0,345m/. If to accept cargo capacity of section 1560t, total displacement will be 1810t which corresponds to draft T = 2,4m in full cargo /DWL/.
    Notes:
    1. Draft 0,865m it is impossible to accept for total displacement as then for section will be superfluous buoyancy and freeboard.
    2. Whether the draft T = 2,4m should be tested corresponds to requests for the minimal freeboard, adopted for the relevant navigation area.
    For such barges Zg / H = 0,50 - 0,55 under statistical data.
    We receive Zg = 0,55 x 3,076 = 1,69m; Xg = 27,445m; Yg = 0m
    Look all corrections to program file MaxSurf Modeler.
    Then we calculate the initial stability on MaxSurf Modeler for density 1 t/m^3 and VCG = 1,69m. See the file.
    Now it is possible enter with the righted file in MaxSurf Stability. I publish only some outcomes. Any reason further is not visible to not receive full outcomes on intact stability on large angles of heel and unsinkability.
    I advise to see that I published in the forum in following publications:
    http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/de...modeler-ready-model-other-programs-55792.html
    http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/de...ility-draft-trim-maxsurf-stability-55820.html
    http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/design-software/how-start-work-maxsurf-stability-55794.html
    It is possible to duplicate calculations at other program, approximately on Orca3D and Rhinoceros. It is easily received if we shall open in Rhino exported from MaxSurf Modeler file with expansion 3dm.
    In the published files you can see the shape factors and full Hydrostatics of the pontoon barge on Orca3D for a draft from 0 up to 3m through 0,1m.

Attached Files:

8. formsys

formsys formsys

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.