LNG tanker

Discussion in 'Software' started by syaifulRizal, Jul 14, 2012.

1. syaifulRizal

syaifulRizal New Member

is that anybody can help me to tell me what software that can build a LNG tanker moss-type containtement system and analyse it stability ?
    i am working for my final paper right now, and i already try use it in delftship but it cannot make the moss tank . . . thankyou :)

2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

What do you mean by a moss-type containment system?. Are you talking about horizontal cylindrical vessels containing liquefied gass at very low temperatures?

3. syaifulRizal

syaifulRizal New Member

i mean the vessel with spherical cargo containment shape... i tried to build it with delftship, but i still dont know how to make the spherical cargo... is there anybody can help me ???

4. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Sorry I can not help with delftship. It is a program that does not know. In any case, it may seem obvious, what you have to do is define spherical tanks completely independent of the surfaces defining the hull.
    luck

5. syaifulRizal

syaifulRizal New Member

so there is no software that could make it ?

6. CWTeebs

CWTeebs AnomalyGenerator

Are you looking for a free software tool only?

7. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

I've only worked with 3 programs: Foran, ARQN and Maxsurf. All of them, and I dare to ensure that any program on the market, are able to define independent tanks. Review your concepts and study in-depth the tool (software) that you try to use. The programs are not intelligent, they do nothing alone, only calculate what the user asked, if you have applied it correctly. This is the small "problem" that requires users to have some knowledge about naval architecture. It is important to know how to do things "by hand" before asking them to the computer.
    By the way: define a separate tank is much easier than to do it integrated into the hull.
    If you think that I can help with anything, feel free to ask me.
    B.R.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.