Left or Right side views?

Discussion in 'Software' started by S Hondros, Oct 17, 2004.

1. S Hondros

S Hondros Carolina Flare

Just looked in the gallery section and was wandering how to go about getting those nice clear images with water and other objects in them. I have Rhino and Auto CAD would that be something I could use the Rhino software for or not since i just want a simple side view and not really 3-D images.

Thanks

2. CGN

CGN Senior Member

if you mean just a picture of your boat with the colors and styling of it, then you can use corel draw, Xara, Canvas, Paint shop pro, or photoshop, and you can also have a look at the gimp is a free graphics and illustration software, seems to work just fine.

Rhino has a plug in called Lino but i'm not quite sure if it will do this.

if this is what you are looking for, then go to the bookstore and look for 3d world magazine or computer arts magazine, they usually have software "for free" in their companion CD's, i have seen canvas v7 included.

good luck

3. SailDesign

SailDesign Old Phart! Stay upwind..

All of the renderings in my gallery were done with Rhino and its Flamingo add-in.
    Steve

4. RThompson

RThompson Guest

Rhino or Rhino/Flamingo can produce excellent renderings, but may require a bit of tweaking with the settings to get the pictures to describe the boat well. Especially if your boat is white all over.

The "cartoon" renderer Penguin (for Rhino) is superb for generating very quick and descriptive pictures of whatever you want. Although they are cartoon or sketch like, not photo realistic.

Do the "Rubber Ducky" tutorial in Rhino Help and that will take you through basic rendering using Rhino Render.

An excellent book on the subject is: "Digital Lighting and Rendering" by Jeremy Birns -at least I think thats his name.

Another good source is the Rhino or Flamingo news group.

Good Luck,
    Rob

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.