JavaFOIL not working in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by quequen, Sep 19, 2014.

1. quequen

quequen Senior Member

I had problems with JavaFoil in Windows 7, just in case someone else have the same issue, this is the solution that worked for me:

For some reason, Java installation does not change the windows system PATH variable. It must be modified by hand, adding the java/bin directory.
    (mine is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin).

For Win7, it goes: Start button -> Machine -> System Properties -> System Advanced Config. -> Advanced Options -> Environment Variables -> System

Variables

Complete procedures for permanently modifying the system PATH variable:
    Windows XP

Select Start, select Control Panel. double click System, and select the Advanced tab.
    Click Environment Variables. In the section System Variables, find the PATH environment variable and select it. Click Edit.
    If the PATH environment variable does not exist, click New.
    In the Edit System Variable (or New System Variable) window, specify the value of the PATH environment variable. Click OK.
    Close all remaining windows by clicking OK.

Windows Vista:

From the desktop, right click the My Computer icon.
    Choose Properties from the context menu.
    Click the Advanced tab (Advanced system settings link in Vista).
    Click Environment Variables. In the section System Variables, find the PATH environment variable and select it. Click Edit.
    In the Edit System Variable (or New System Variable) window, specify the value of the PATH environment variable. Click OK.

Windows 7:

From the desktop, right click the Computer icon.
    Choose Properties from the context menu.
    Click the Advanced system settings link.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.