Importing rhino hull to solidworks?

Discussion in 'Software' started by sea state, Nov 12, 2009.

1. dreamer

dreamer Soñadora

sea state

Attached is the model.

Attached Files:

2. sea state

sea state Junior Member

Thanks

Dreamer,
    Thanks for the file. I think what I did differently was that I imported the whole thing, offset zero, deleted the chine, lofted the chine new. That didn't work to well. How did you import just the bottom, and just the topsides separately when the original file is all one surface? Rhino won't let me explode or split because it is one surface?

Thanks again.

3. dreamer

dreamer Soñadora

sea state

I don't have Rhino in front of me right now, but under the surface editing you can tell Rhino to split on a 'seam' or something like that. Select the surface and it will split it on the chine. You'll need to do another split to split the other edge of the chine. Then I just deleted the chine. That will give you two separate surfaces. I'll see if I can put together a couple of screen shots showing you how I did it.

4. sea state

sea state Junior Member

Dreamer,
    I think I figured out what tool you used in Rhino from your explanation. Thanks. I have attached my part because I mocked your method (not exact surfaces, but processes), but am still unable to shell. I have no idea why. :confused: Can you help?

Attached Files:

5. sea state

sea state Junior Member

It also won't let me put a fillet on the keel line. Any ideas on how one would fix that?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.