Boat Design Forums  |  Boat Design Directory  |  Boat Design Gallery  |  Boat Design Book Store  |  Thanks to Our Site Sponsors

Go Back   Boat Design Forums > Design > Software
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Most Recent Posts Gallery Images Search

Old 01-04-2013, 04:07 AM

Rep: 10 Posts: 22
hydromax-severe wind & rolling analysis

Hi, i'm a new user of hydromax.i got a problem analyzing a model of patrol vessel using severe wind and rolling analysis (IMO criteria-intact stability).it was failed because of area1/area2 ratio.when i checked, it showed the ratio should not be less than 100%. i just want to know is it compulsory to set it with 100% or any reason so that i can change it to other value?because when i changed it to 50%, the analysis passed.

and another one i want to ask whether i need to open hull with superstructure or only hull in order to run this analysis?

Old 01-04-2013, 05:09 AM

Rep: 100 Posts: 80
check if you set the area's correct, Hydromax library works with default settings, so you have to changes the transverse area youre self.

You need the hull with superstructure, and add downflooding points to the calculation.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:11 AM

Rep: 188 Posts: 1,473
Fortunately, to design boats, not enough to know to click on the button of Hydromax, but you need to know also ships and naval architecture. The criterion of the IMO said area1 MUST be greater than the area 2. If not, you'll have to change something in the forms of the boat, in her area exposed to the wind, its center of gravity, or anything else, to be able to fulfill the criteria. The solution can not be to change a standard that is required to observe. Besides knowing Hydromax use, you have to learn from naval architecture. Study and you will see that it is not difficult.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:15 AM

Rep: 38 Posts: 35
The Area Under Lever Curve

HI DEAR

1-WHAT IS THE WAY TO DEFINE THE BELOW FORMULA FOR AREA UNDER LEVER ARM:

A=0.055 - 0.001*(30 -fi)

IN HYDRO-MAX CRITERIA
??

2-WHY ANY CHANGE OF MY DATA RESULT THE ERROR IN UPPER BOUND AND LOWER BOUND IN fI AT SEVER WIND CRITERIA??