hull structure strength analysis

Discussion in 'Software' started by elizkiu, Jan 16, 2015.

1. elizkiu

elizkiu New Member

When modelling for the foundation/seating of machinery, let say a karm fork on a seating, what is the suitable way to model the karm fork? if i use beam element analysis, i use round bar as interface spoke on the deck structure, is that applicable and which is the suitable size need to assign for the round bar? do i need to compare with the size of karm fork? and where or which book can i find this information? especially the way of modelling hull structure into beam element.

Thank you in advance.;)

2. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

Hi eliziku

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like the analysis you're attempting to do is beyond your current ability. You need to begin on simple structure and simple analysis, that way you'll learn how what where and why.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.