how to rhino model import ansys

Discussion in 'Software' started by karabacak, Dec 27, 2009.

1. karabacak

karabacak Junior Member

Hello I need help about importing ansys.....

2. karabacak

karabacak Junior Member

?????????????

3. AaronY

AaronY New Member

Rhino to Ansys

I noticed that you posted this a couple of weeks ago, any luck? If not here are some points I have found useful:

(This is a very tricky opertation, you will probably spend longer importing than actually runing an FE analysis with it!) Also I have only imported into ANSYS 12.0 Classic (Academic edition)

I have found that importing the .3dm file as an IGES 144 file works the best. Have a play around with the importing tolerances, make sure they are consistant between the IGES (which is unitless) and into ANSYS (which has user defined units). From memory 0.001 worked for my work. This will differ for liscence and process power.

Then view the imported geometry as lines and show line numbers, this is so you can see if there are any double lines (lines on lines). If there are go back to Rhino and delete the double lines, then do it all again.

What type of analysis are going to run?

1 person likes this.
  4. karabacak

karabacak Junior Member

ı try to analyse @ fluent :D

5. AaronY

AaronY New Member

aah CFD, the dark art

have you sorted your import problem? im not familiar with the fluent environment, we use CFX for fluid problems at uni and that is not until this upcoming semester (final year!)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.