How to Group for FREE!Ship

Discussion in 'Software' started by lewisboats, Dec 22, 2005.

1. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

I started a new Yahoo group (see subject) and would appreciate contributions from anyone who has played with the software and become familiar with it. Looking for tutorials on how to do specific things, like Keels, Fins, decks, cabins, etc. As the software is developing/evolving I would expect the tutorials to evolve with it as new features are added. This is to be an archive of how to's so people can refer to what others have done to short cut the learning process. No, I don't expect the people who use this software to go out and build a 100 ft boat with the output, but it can help them flesh out what they want so they can go to an NA sounding reasonably knowledgable in what they want.

Steve

2. lewisboats

3. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

Nice!

Tutorials and how-tos in general are always very much appreciated in this forum as well :)

4. Leo Lazauskas

Leo Lazauskas Senior Member

Hi Steve,
    What are the benefits of setting up a forum at Yahoo rather than just continuing with discussions etc here?

Cheers,
    Leo.

5. lewisboats

Storage! There is no files section here to store the screen shots and instructions:( How often do you go back 4 or 5 pages to look at the posts of the past? If you were new here, where would you look for information on how to do something in a certain software? With the Yahoo group, you can browse the files section and the photos section to see if there is a tutorial that covers what you want to do.

Steve

6. Leo Lazauskas

Leo Lazauskas Senior Member

I understand. I have always been wary of yahoo because of the spam I used to get from their address and the annoying number of ads on their pages.

Happy New Year!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.