Holding hands:))

Discussion in 'Software' started by lazeyjack, Apr 10, 2007.

1. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

very kind of you

2. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

things plod along ok, But now for some unknown, the co -ords which are normally visable at top pf window, when one moves mouse, are not there, they are only there in the 4 small windows, body, pr, plan, etc>?
    also the displacement is missing from the "design hydrostatics result --any ideas
    Stu

3. Gilbert

Gilbert Senior Member

If your file name is so long that it fills up the top text bar the coordinates are off the screen somewhere to the right (in cyber space maybe). If that's not it I don't know why they aren't there.

4. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

nope not long, sometimes they are present, like GW, sometimes they are off in Cyberspace
    spent lot of time WA, should be part Can:))

5. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

Upon (desIgn hydrostatics, IN Delft, there is no displacement? any ideas anyone, thanks
    Stu

6. bhnautika

bhnautika Senior Member

Stu Try this have a look in the project menu, project settings, main dimensions, draft and move it down a little.

7. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

BILL HOW ART THOU
    All it was was a leak point in delft all the cl points must be zakkly on the 000mark

8. bhnautika

bhnautika Senior Member

Fine thancks f’asking did you get my Email .re software

9. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

oh sorry yes, thought I replied, I got so bogged here, and alone cooking for boys, this that Helen in Europe etc, then lost all yesterdays work and getting mad a hell with Billy doc in the forum on metal boats, wants to plate a double ender only 40 feet long in 13plate, he is a mate, and he simply will not be told:))

10. Bruce Taylor

Bruce Taylor Junior Member

Bring up the Perspective view, and turn the boat around so that you're looking at it from behind.

Hold down the control key while selecting the points all around the transom, one at a time, moving in a counter-clockwise direction.

When all the points have been selected, click EDIT-->Face-->New

You now have a new face at the transom.

You'll notice that the edges around the new transom are no longer "creased" (they won't be highlighted in red). To restore the crease, select the edges, while holding down the control key, and click EDIT-->Edge-->Crease.

1 person likes this.
  11. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

you are a stalwart, always come to my rescue, and do I just split the thing to make a radious? draw beam on the ground give it R say 5m and then enter those measures into the model, they would all be x minus?

12. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

i did it all delft then found delft free does not allow printing of Pl developements, so had to transfer the whole thing to freeship point by point as I could not export to freeship, I think its in my pc this glitch

13. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

um tried that finished up with ball of knitting?

14. Bruce Taylor

Bruce Taylor Junior Member

The order in which you select the points is important. Start anywhere, but move around the transom in an orderly counter-clockwise manner.

DELFTship should save to FREE!ship format. Click "FILE-->Save As", and down at the bottom of the dialog box you should see the option "Save as Type". Select "Version 2.6" (or whatever) and your FREE!ship should be able to read the file.

(It crosses my mind that the free version of DELFTship might not include the "Save As" feature...I'm not sure.)

15. bhnautika

bhnautika Senior Member

Stu I now know why your files would not open.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.