Holding hands:))

Discussion in 'Software' started by lazeyjack, Apr 10, 2007.

1. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

what I meant to say is, on the plan, I will be stuck with 500mm, and same base, the profile will hang below base

2. bhnautika

bhnautika Senior Member

Stu I think offsets are in the export menu

3. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

thanks mate, found, trouble is get ID 32 error when I try get the file into Maxsurf,

4. bhnautika

bhnautika Senior Member

Stu what file type are you trying to get into maxsurf and why! Offsets are a text file.

5. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

I have the offsets now, the hull is complte but now she needs a deck and a house and frames, cant do that is Delft, freeship?

6. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

stations 600, by default suits me, I will use heavy plate, 8mm topsides, 10 bottom, 6 deck, two girdars , and no stringers. Integral tanks, water/ fuel/vodka

7. bhnautika

bhnautika Senior Member

Stu I found hull surfaces (only one side) transferring as iges files move across reasonably well to MS from freeship.

8. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

ok, well can you pm and leave your tel number, will call tomorrow, actually this eve I am slightly embibed, unfortunate to say with local wine and not the delectible, Vodka from Siberia, that I have become fond of. AAHHH those Russian skippers, such pro mariners, they do not give their quals out with every 100 bottles of coka cola!! even seamen must spend year in school.

9. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

ok sorry I did not see this post
    When I try open with ms, it comes up with 32 error, anyway I found I can do much more IN Delft than I thought was possible
    can you tell me, I,m on the deck now, see big strides for me:) can you tell me how to do this, ok, I put in points along the plan of the deck, , how do I link these points to make a control line, I have the deck, c/l which is just a moved edgeline9sheer) and am doing the lines 1/3 beam out and 2/3 beam out
    thanks
    Stu

10. bhnautika

bhnautika Senior Member

Stu did you get my PM? I think freeship see surfaces as separate panels so I think you have to split the deck surface at each column.

11. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

delftship layes

open a new design , make edges as for chine boat and then how to you assign those plates, chines, bottom, etc to a layer please?

12. Bruce Taylor

Bruce Taylor Junior Member

First, create some empty layers: Edit-->Layers-->New . Repeat, as necessary, creating "layer 1," "layer 2," etc.

Notice that you can now change the "currently active" layer (the one to which all new work will be automatically assigned) to one of the new layers, simply by clicking on the little drop-down layer menu on the right side of the lower toolbar (which by default will probably read "layer 0") and clicking on one of the other layers ("layer 1," "layer 2", etc). The new layers you've created can be given names, if you like..."transom," "deck," etc (click "Edit-->layer-->dialog"). Each layer can also be given its own colour: click on the little square beside the layer item on the toolbar (by default it will be green), and select a new colour from the popup colour palette.

Now, turn on "interior edges": Display-->interior edges. Select the face you wish to assign to a new layer.

Change the "currently active" layer on the toolbar to that layer, and deselect the face. It should now have been reassigned to the new "currently active layer."

1 person likes this.
  13. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

thank you Bruce
    I can never understand you they dont spend more time writing what you just did in their manuals, I have spent hundreds of hrs just guessing
    ok I will give this a worl .
    as it is I saved say the deck as a part by deleting everything else but the deck, then imported it back in ok, but it dropped the import in lower than the original postition, it is all very frustrating
    Like if I was teaching how to loft a boat the old way, i would do a heck of a lot better job with an apprentice than these programmes do for me and thousands others
    i spose its ok if you have been raised on a CAD diet from school, uni whatever, but i WOULD SURE AS HECK SHY OFF BUYING MOST, I found the McNeel guy at rhino the best for help, he must be very busy but he replied to the most basic of questions!!
    thank you again, muchely

14. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

got it figured Bruce thanks

15. Bruce Taylor

Bruce Taylor Junior Member

Glad to hear it.

If you have any other questions re. FREE!ship/DELFTship, post them and I'll see what I can do.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.