Help in Maxsurf_ about longitudinal strength

Discussion in 'Software' started by mymind04, Oct 20, 2009.

1. mymind04

mymind04 Junior Member

Hi
    I'm using Maxsurf for calculating stability and longitudinal strength in my project
    Stability is Ok, but in longitudinal I have some problem:
    - I don't know how Maxsurf distribution the light weight along length of ship?
    - If Maxsurf haven't got this function how I can I solve it ( I remember that Autoship have this function)
    _ some case moment and shear force at stern and bow is not ZERO? I don't know why
    Please help me, thanks so much!

2. dougal

dougal New Member

Hi MyMind04,
    In the Loadcase window you can enter a longitudinal arm and a fwd and aft extent for each item...including the lightship. The weight is then calculated as a uniformly distributed or uniformly varying load between these limits.
    Kind regards,
    Dougal

3. MikeJohns

MikeJohns Senior Member

Hi Dougal
    Welcome to the forum, we'll need to open a Hobart branch at this rate since that makes 3 of us. I see you have no contact email info and it would be a good idea then to enable private messages.

Cheers

4. mymind04

mymind04 Junior Member

Thanks Dougal so much!
    I've tried many time but it's not work property, I do as your advise for lightship but something wrong (data input in the cell in red color) and weight of lightship not distribution along length's ship. Can you show me clearly! And I found that module for longitudinal of Maxsurf is not better than Autoship, especially distribution for lightship. Thanks so much!

5. yuyewuyuconan

yuyewuyuconan Junior Member

HI dougal
    thanks so much ! I hope maxsurf will do well as autoship .

6. mymind04

mymind04 Junior Member

I'm sorry! No one can help me!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.