Helm Position CAD Blocks

Discussion in 'Software' started by Willallison, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

Any hints on where I might find some ergonomics CAD blocks?
    In particular, I'm looking for seated and seated/standing helm positions...

2. RThompson

RThompson Senior Member

Hi Will,

Priciples of yacht design (larrson+Eliasson) has a good page of ergo dimensions that I have found to give good reliable reults.

I also use the attached adam.
    I scaled him to be the same size (height width reach etc) as me. Then I set him up in various poses. so now I insert him into model.
    because he is the same size as me it gives a good idea how a part will "feel" for me. Also scaled big and small extremes.
    I converted the model to meshes to save help size.

You may find some benefit in this: http://boatdesign.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7782

Good luck,
    Rob

Attached Files:

3. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

Thanks Rob - hadn't thought of looking in Pinciples . And thanks for "Adam" I'm looking forward to completing my final Westlawn exam so I can sit down and learn how to use Rhino and a bunch of other programs... I bought it about 2 years ago and haven't had time to do much more than go thru the tutorials!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.