Boat Design Forums  |  Boat Design Directory  |  Boat Design Gallery  |  Boat Design Book Store  |  Thanks to Our Site Sponsors
Old 11-22-2016, 07:43 AM

Rep: 10 Posts: 2
Freeships scaling

So i have to draw the linesplan for a tanker 8000 tdw and i decided to use Freeships because its faster. I want to scale down a ship from softwares library but i can't do it properly. It scales my depth but not my draft.. So I have a ship with proper lenght, beam and depth but not draft. What should I do?

// or if not.. how can i scale linesplan in autocad?
Old 12-13-2016, 12:11 PM

Rep: 300 Posts: 3,946
In AutoCAD you can create a block with the shapes of your boat. Then, when inserting the block, you can give different values to the scales in X, Y or Z.
Old 12-16-2016, 03:16 PM

Rep: 10 Posts: 2
What are you doing exactly? are you using the scale function? If you send me the file I can take a look at that... I am pretty sure I've done this before..
Old 12-16-2016, 11:39 PM
Naval Architect

Rep: 2488 Posts: 5,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakwob666 View Post
So i have to draw the linesplan for a tanker 8000 tdw and i decided to use Freeships because its faster. I want to scale down a ship from softwares library but i can't do it properly. It scales my depth but not my draft.. So I have a ship with proper lenght, beam and depth but not draft. What should I do?
Nothing. A vessel floats on the draft of the full load.

Thus if you have the correct geometry of the hull at the scale you want/need, the vessel floats as YOU design it to do. Thus if the draft is not where you want/need it to be..you have to redesign the vessel!
Old 12-20-2016, 05:28 AM

Rep: 10 Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakwob666 View Post

// or if not.. how can i scale linesplan in autocad?
From what I understand, the ship scales properly on all three axis. Like you said the depth is correct. If the draft is the only thing that is wrong, why don't you just move your model down ?

In Autocad, as far as I recall you select everything you want to scale, and just type "scale" in the command line. "s" probably is the shortcut.

Old 12-29-2016, 10:16 PM

Rep: 50 Posts: 230
Hi jakwob666,
I guess that the question is for program FreeShip +.
If already yours model is scaled then all is very simple - it is necessary to multiplication coefficient for scaling of height on the old draft and to put new value in Projects - Installations projects - Principal dimensions- Draft.