Freeship question.

Discussion in 'Software' started by rapscallion, Nov 10, 2007.

1. rapscallion

rapscallion Senior Member

I have 3 hulls in freeship - and I'm trying to build a trimaran. All of the hulls are the same size. They were mirrored into existence. How do I shrink the amas?

2. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

Try using the Transform > Scale command on the layer that contains the amas. If they're on a separate layer from the main hull this should work.

3. rapscallion

rapscallion Senior Member

Yes, that's the thing. All of the hulls are in the same layer after the mirror. I'll look into trying to change that. I don't know how to do that yet.

The thing is that would give me identical hulls but a different scale. What if I wanted a length to beam ratio of 10.5 to 1 on the main hull and 12 to 1 on the amas?

4. Guest625101138

Guest625101138 Previous Member

Export the whole thing as a .part and import the same .part into different layers. You can then cut out different bits in the two layers so you amas in one and main in the other.

You can scale by different amounts on each axis.

You can also choose a layer to be symmetrical or not. You can choose which layers are part of the hydrostatics as well. It is good to use different layers for different bits and name them accordingly.
    Rick W.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.