Free!Ship/Hydronship 3.26+ (new test version) is available

Discussion in 'Software' started by CmbtntDzgnr, Nov 21, 2011.

1. CmbtntDzgnr

CmbtntDzgnr Senior Member

http://hydronship.net/index.php?lang=en

"New test version 3.26+
    New features:
    * Inserted check for the minimum design speed in the calculation of the resistance by the method of Clement-Blount
    * Significantly expanded the range of acceptable speed and power in the calculation of the propeller
    * Added calculation Cwp and ie on statistical formulas to calculate the resistance by the method of Fung-Leibman (without a model)
    * Fixed output window, insert a set of points
    * Recompiled computational modules in \Exec directory for compatibility with Windows 7(x64)
    * It's made more than 20 small changes and interface corrections"

I know this is one area my 4-day weekend will be spent (this and PolyCAD)

2. Alvarocotaquisp

Alvarocotaquisp Junior Member

hii!

good input !! friend thankss ... can you send to me this program ?? i cant download :( my email adreess is alvarocotaquipse@gmail.com

3. FMS

FMS Senior Member

Alvarocotaquisp, on the hydronship.net site, try clicking on both the left disk icons which link to files on hydronship.net and the download now button on the right which links to files on depositfiles.

You should be able to get one or the other even if one is not loading in Peru.

CmbtntDzgnr, Thanks.
    I see 3.28+ test version is now released for Christmas December 25, 2011
    Test version 3.28+
    New features:
    * Added saving of data for calculating the aerodynamic characteristics and stability in the course (in FBM file)
    * Added the output length of the broken line and the distance between its end points, if you select 5 or more control points.
    * Added calculation of aerodynamic forces and yaw moment without drift

4. CmbtntDzgnr

Yes, thanks. I saw it the other day, and was surprised, since every couple of days I neurotically check Hydronship, PolyCAD, ViaCAD, and Delftship to see what upgrades are available.

Sigh... though. Around 2 or 3 days ago, I tried in vAIN and FUTILITy for over an hour to download Hydronship. I'm sick and tired of going through that intermediary site to get HS, and I'd rather just donate DiRECTLY to Victor. I don't even like using PayPal if I can avoid it. I don't like that to get HS, i have to wait for that processor gauge thing, and out of paranoia, I'm constantly toggling back and forth to my firewall to make sure no mischief is going on (I do that for ANY site, not just because of where HS is geographically originating).

But, this time, after about 4 fails, multiple botched captchas, and so on, I gave up. I just want to send VICTOR donations, and bypass that intermediary completely. I hope he finds a different host, or that his host adapts.

3.26 is really good in that Victor updated some of the binaries to run on 64-bit machines. IIRC, Fung-Leibman is one. Maybe he's eventually able to get them all out of 16-bit/32-bit-16-bit and converted or wrapped to work in 64-bit. But, I'm still using the 32-bit version of win 7 in VirtualBox, and I don't run win 7 natively unless it is to sanity-check something. I don't need aero, and when I feel like wasting time or mesmerizing myself in 3D compositing, aero CAN NOT TOUCH KDE/Compiz'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC5uEe5OzNQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y772Zrjwgws&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6uFxxlKa4g&feature=related

(This one has some kewl-sounding openign music, sort of a cross between 1970s Ron Ely Tarzan and 1990s Starship Troopers, hahaha)

But, to be fair, it seems win is *trying* to catch up in 2010 where KDE/Compiz were in 2006, tho in 2006 I could do most of that on a 64MB video card with 256 MB of system RAM -- in Dec 2006.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  5. BPL

BPL Senior Member

Do you run the test versions as stable enough or do you stick with "release" versions?

6. CmbtntDzgnr

I will use the latest that Victor posts, if I/when I can successfully download it.

Currently, I'm up to 3.26+ Test.

Prior to 3.26+ (at 3.24, IIRC) I would keep 2 or 3 older versions running because of various (apparent) advantages in some of the reports, but it turned out they needed updating anyway.

7. CmbtntDzgnr

Stupid me:

If I'd recalled to click on Download in the upper left instead of the middle right, I would have seen the download link/floppy disk button... So, clicking it takes you to the currently download. Instant gratification.

8. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

Its such a small Disk Button, they obviously dont want you to use it - those intermediate downloaders are such a ^*^%^&()& !

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.