Flotilla 6.2 Released

Discussion in 'Software' started by Leo Lazauskas, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Leo Lazauskas

Leo Lazauskas Senior Member

Thanks Uli!
    I had the paper, but getting the data in Excel format is a bonus.
    I'm still working on the effects of cross-flow on the viscous resistance of
    catamarans. And I've caved in and agreed to co-author a paper on squat in
    shallow water. I will return to Flotilla in the new year after I clear those tasks
    off my list.

2. LP

LP Flying Boatman

Flotilla 6.3

Leo,

I've developed an interest in Flotilla because of its transom stern capabilities. I've tried to gather as much information web-wise as possible before approaching you. Did you ever release Flotilla 6.3? I believe it was going to be multihull capable. Also, is cyberiad.net working? I've had no luck in viewing your website. I've attempted with multiple devices on multiple platforms from multiple locations.

Ive been working with Michlet and Godzilla on a multihull project and will compare the Michlet and Flotilla outputs. Best of luck with all of your pursuits and thanks for your generous contributions.

3. patrik111

patrik111 Junior Member

Hi Leo,
    Almost cross posting from "Michlet 9.33 released", in case there are members looking out for Flotilla as LP above. Is there anything in the works that would be released or perhaps sold to enthusiasts?

Kind regards
    Patrik

4. Will Fraser

Will Fraser Senior Member

Thank you for making this publicly available.
    Aside from the lower limit for L/B specified in the manual, what exactly are the implied limits when stating that it is not applicable to planing hull? Upper limit for B/T? Fn max? Ap/(vol^2/3) max?
    Is there an option to vary static trim or LCB for a hull?

Some results from one of the tutorial examples with Fn increments varying between 0.25 to 0.1:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.